The Peder Sather Center for Advanced Study supports projects carried out by researchers at UC Berkeley in collaboration with researchers from eight Norwegian universities. The Center offers grants of between $10K and $25K. Funds are made available for two academic years. Grants can support activities such as workshops, mini-conferences, virtual intellectual exchanges, the undertaking of exploratory and pilot studies, activities such as PhD student exchanges, longer-term stays for Principal Investigators, the collection and analysis of data, and other core research activities.
Previous Year’s Awards: 2022-2023, 2021-2022, 2020-2021, 2019-2020, 2018-2019, 2017-2018, 2016-2017, 2015-2016, 2014-2015, 2013-2014
2023 Grant and Application Information
- Consult Proposal Application Guidelines for grant application instructions
- Complete the online 2023-2024 Peder Sather Grant Application Form administered by Grantmaker (begin by establishing your own unique account)
- On the application form, upload your Proposal Document. The Proposal Document should be a single pdf that includes: the research project narrative, a project timeline, and a CV for each Principal Investigator
- Upload an itemized budget as a pdf using the provided template
- Finally, upload the Attestation of Commitment Letter from the project’s PIs as a pdf
- All application materials must be submitted by April 3, 2023
Please note, the application shall include the following:
- An explanation of the promise of the proposed project (i.e. how the project will contribute to the advancement of scholarly knowledge and/or scientific inquiry).
- An explanation of why the project is feasible
- An explanation of the impact of the project
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to Dr. Akasemi Newsome, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org